Re: Included Interfaces without documentation update

Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> writes:

> Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> >
> > Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> writes:

> > > Does it also export them with C linkage, then?
> >
> > Definitly - we describe a C ABI here.
>
> That's what I thought.  Then why are we also describing the mangled
> names?  Seems like a bug to specify C++ mangled names for C library
> functions.

Stuart has run with appcheck some tests and noticed that some
programs, most probably C++ applications or libs, needed these, for
example:

$ nm /usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so |grep putc
         U _IO_putc@@GLIBC_2.0

Since LSB supports C++, we have to add those symbols,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de