From: smalek@cmp.com
To: CFP_mailing_list@cmp.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:02:34 -0800
Subject: Software Development Boston and Web Services World CFP

The Call for Papers for SD Boston and Web Services World is now live.
If you are a leading, qualified industry expert who is interested in
addressing a technical audience comprised of senior software
developers, software architects, application developers and designers,
web developers and designers, project managers, project teams, team
leaders and consultants please go to www.sdexpo.com to submit
abstracts on-line.

The conference dates are August 27 - 31, 2001, and will be held in
Boston, MA at the Hynes Convention Center and the Boston Sheraton.
The deadline for abstracts is May 1, 2001.  Please submit your papers
as soon as possible.

Abstracts which are selected will receive notification by email no
later than May 15. Unfortunately, due to the volume of abstracts we
receive, we cannot notify every submission regarding their status.

Abstract guidelines:

NO PRODUCT PITCHES!!!

SD has a strong reputation for its independent and educational
course material and qualified faculty.  Abstracts which are highly
educational in nature and relevant to today's development professional
are selected for a conference session.  All talks must be educational
in nature and may not contain any sales, marketing product or company
tool information.

In our experience, attendees do not hesitate in poorly evaluating
faculty who have tried to "sell" to them during class time. These
attendees demand refunds and such faculty are not asked back.

*If you would like to host sessions on your product or tool,
please contact the SD National Sales Manager, Jo-Ann Pellegrini at
jpellegrini@cmp.com for exhibitor and technical session
opportunities.

Please be as specific as possible in your course description.
Provide a brief outline if necessary.

Technical talks which include real world examples, case studies,
and hands-on workshops are welcomed.

If you are submitting material on behalf of someone else, please
include their email address and note your title.

Faculty Benefits:

Faculty will receive a complimentary, VIP conference registration
entitling them access to all conference and expo related events.

Faculty will be networking with a targeted audience of highly
qualified software developers, programmers, and managers as well as
with other leading faculty members.

Faculty names, bios, abstracts and company name will gain considerable
exposure through our conference catalogue, website, program guide and
various additional marketing collateral.  We will also create a link
from your personal bio page on our website to the website of your
choice.

Please feel free to forward this email to your qualified peers.

Areas of focus include:
Software Development:

XML
Java
C++
C#
Visual Basic
.NET
Perl
Python
Process Management
Components
Wireless
Security
E-Commerce Architecture
Project Management
Interface Architecture
UML
Linux Development
Open Source Development
Web Development

Web Services World:

Universal Description, Discovery & Integration
SOAP
ebXML
RSS
WSDL