Re: Included Interface without documentation

gk4@us.ibm.com writes:

> Our next step is to check the man page for the interfaces on at least 2
> Linux systems and compare that against a reference spec (if there exists
> one);  then document the differences if there are any.  We follow a
> procedure similar to the one that Mr. Chris Yeoh uses to produce spec for
> commands.

1. All Linux systems use the manual pages maintained by
   Andries.Brouwer <Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl>.  You want the upstream
   man page source from:

   ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux-local/manpages/

   I would recommend using the latest version from Andries rather than
   wasting time on two different Linux distributions.

2. Single Unix Specification, V2, online manpage-style documentation:

   http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xshix.html

3. The glibc info pages are probably the most accurate and complete
   reference for how things are actually done in glibc, other than the
   source code itself.

   The glibc source includes texinfo documentation including a
   function index with lots of documentation for various functions and
   symbols.  Some distributions (like the ones I'm using) do not
   install the glibc info pages, unfortunately.  Best bet is to
   download the latest relevant version and go from there.

Dan