From: mcneil@valinux.com [mailto:mcneil@valinux.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 4:11 PM
To: Matt Wilson
Cc: John H Terpstra; lsb-discuss@lists.linuxbase.org
Subject: Re: Caldera claims "LSB 1.0 implementation" in Project 42 beta
announcement

Thanks for pointing this out. I am speaking with Caldera to find out what
happened.

Scott
--
Scott McNeil
Free Standards Group

Matt Wilson wrote:

> According to Caldera's press release today:
>
> http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.031301/210720302

>   OREM, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 13, 2001--Caldera Systems
>   Inc. (Nasdaq: CALD) Tuesday announced that its new OpenLinux server
>   product, code named "Project 42," is entering open beta and will be
>   available for download on March 19 from
>   http://www.calderasystems.com/products/beta/.
>   Project 42 has additional key features, including extensive
>   security enhancements, LSB 1.0 implementation, Java SDK version 1.3,
>   and a Caldera Volution deployment agent. Feedback on Project 42 can
>   be sent to beta@caldera.com.
>
> While I am not disputing the amount of hard work that Ralf, Raymund,
> Johannes, and others at Caldera have put into the LSB and LSB Sample
> Implementation, I'm aghast that any Linux vendor would claim that
> their beta has a "LSB 1.0 implementation."
>
> What is going on here?  Hopefully it's simply a disconnect from the
> technical staff and the public relations staff that can be corrected
> by a quick ammendment to the press release.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt
> msw@redhat.com
>
> --

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Srinivasan;Raja
FN:Raja Srinivasan
ORG:Oracle Corporation
TITLE:Director, Emerging Servers
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1 (650) 633-6417
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+1 (408) 930-1115
TEL;VOICE:rasriniv@zdnetonebox.com
TEL;WORK;FAX:+1 (209) 729-5249
ADR;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;500 Oracle Parkway=0D=0AMS 401ip4032;Redwood Shores;CA;94065;United States=
 of America
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:500 Oracle Parkway=0D=0AMS 401ip4032=0D=0ARedwood Shores, CA 94065=0D=0AUnit=
ed States of America
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rasriniv@us.oracle.com
REV:20010205T163726Z
END:VCARD