Re: Good enough

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Nicholas Petreley wrote:

> If the RPM maintainers want to add a step in there that
> searchs the RPM database, so be it.  I'm not suggesting we
> ban RPM.  I'm suggesting we define the rules necessary to
> make package installation reliable regardless of the
> package format, and regardless of whether or not anyone has
> installed anything using make.

Versions matter. The filesystem does not contain versioning information,
and you're dead w/o it. You can ignore versioning as long as you like but
this problem won't go away.

How are you going to address this?

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |