Re: Packaging and installation

A long long time ago, when LSB was starting up,
I wrote a proposal to use RDF metadata in a package management system: the idea
was to let binary and source and other installations all co-exist, without
affecting multiple databases. Basically there would be an API which installers
would use, and which would have to be implemented by pakage managers..
Its at
http://reno.cis.upenn.edu/~rahul/standards/packrdf/

There wasnt much interest then, so I dropped the whole idea..but since the topic
came up again, I thought I'd bring it up again, incase there is anything useful
(which I still think there is..)
Rahul