Re: X and LSB

As I see it the biggest problem with including all of X, as
opposed to a few X libraries, is that an X server is a running
piece of software.

X libraries are just static files that sit in the filesystem. At
run time they are linked it to an executable, and used.

Oh the other hand even if an X Server is installed on a system
there is no guarantee it is actually running. If it is running
there is no guarantee it is configured properly. If it is
configured properly there is no guarantee that it is a particular
implementation.

Just my 2 cents (which with round is either worth nothing, or
worth a near to nothing :)

Cheers,
Daniel Bradley.