Re: Spam on lsb lists

* "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@transmeta.com> wrote:
> Jim Knoble wrote:
> >
> > I see no reason at all why folks who aren't subscribed shouldn't be
> > allowed to post.  It's rather routine to subscribe to mailing lists
> > nowadays.
> >

> In other words, "fuck anyone who handles mailing list more efficiently
> than allowing it all in their inbox?"  Many people use stuff like local
> news gateways or + addresses for sorting.

And lots of people (have to) use several different addresses,
subscribing with all of them isn't really an option, since you get
multiple copies of each mail then.

Redhat had a dummy list (with no traffic), which one could subscribe
with all used addresses and all subscribers to that list could post to
all other lists then. This is a quite reasonable way to do this.

        Jochem