Re: Wake Up and Smell the Coffee It's Not 1970!

Dave Boynton <dboynton@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> My vote goes to NOT require even the X libraries in the base system. Not
> due to any concern of disk space, but the possibility that some lame-oid
> Micro$oft-like company will ship a product without adequate command line
> tools.

This is an extremely poor argument against including X in the
spec. There is nothing we can do to prevent anyone from shipping low
quality software, and we gain nothing by not spec'ing X.

<rant>
When you refer to other companies and their products, especially
Microsoft and Windows, refrain from munging the name in an effort to
poke fun (e.g. Micro$oft, Winblows, etc.). This is just plain
childish, and does nothing for the cause you would advocate and
nothing against what you oppose. Instead, it only serves as an example
to others that people who advocate the same things you do must alwso
be childish, and leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. If you feel
the need to advocate something (and I certainly advocate advocacy),
instead of trying to put the competition down, put your side up,
present your virtues rather than their flaws. Everyone will be
happier.
</rant>

--
Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo - jkaivo@ndn.net - http://jakob.kaivo.net/