Re: File Systems.

* Erik Troan (ewt@redhat.com) [000320 06:20]:

> I don't see any need for the contents of /usr/bin to be idential between
> LSB systems.

Neither do I, but in some cases it really helps to define boundaries for
certain open source software.  For example, it is a real mess to take a
distro that puts KDE in /usr/bin and then upgrade it with a package that
wants to put KDE in /opt/kde.  With a little effort,you can get around such
things, or you can wait for your distro to come out with the upgrade, but
perhaps it doesn't have to be that way.  I haven't given the solution to
this problem much thought - maybe someone else here has.

-Nick

Nicholas Petreley                   LinuxWorld - InfoWorld
nicholas@petreley.com - http://www.petreley.com - Eph 6:12
.