Re: Packaging

Previously Robert W. Current wrote:
> Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> > People from Red Hat and Debian are working on something, but we're not
> > planning on waiting for it to be completed.  If they decide to bring
> > that effort under the LSB, it would be okay with me, but that's their
> > decision.

Let me cut in here as one of the people working on this.

> Great news to hear :-)  sadly under publicised I guess.

Agreed; we felt we wanted to have something that we believed in
ourselves before letting others flame it to bits/comment on it.

> Got a pointer/url or something?  Is the table open for other packaging
> software developers to enter?

Not at the moment; I have a rough preliminary spec that I need to clean
up; once I've done that I'll send it to the LSB lists. At that point
others are also free to enter, until then I'ld like to finish this
quietely and peacefully.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |