Re: RFC

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Robert W. Current Jr. Ph.D. wrote:

<Cutting a long things short here>

> I do NOT, I repeat, NOT, accept that X, any X libaries, any X tools, or
> anything to do with X is part of a "base."

IM(NSH)O the LSB is here to provide a platform so each application builder
can start off and know what they may expect on a LSB complaint system
when they add their software to it.

The potentail parties that would benifit from the LSB would write 9 out of
10 applications that will be larger and graphical oriented. So excluding X
from the LSB spec would make the objective defined above nearly
impossible or unusable and therefor a waste of time.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!