Re: New Package format

Previously Magnus Runesson wrote:
> The reason I asked was that we have had a lot of discussions of package
> system within Cendio Systems (the company I work for) since we have
> noted alot of problems with existing systems, like:
> * they must be compiled on the goal platform.

Not a problem of the package format but of the tools you use.

> * the point above makes cross platform compilation impossible

Not at all, you just need to fix the tools you use.

> * problems creating dependencies that you need a or b to install this.
> (or atleast alot of packages skip handling this.

I have no idea what you mean with this.. build-dependencies perhaps?
Again, that is not a problem of the package format but of your
particular toolset and policies.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |