Re: #! -- reconsideration?

Ted Baker <baker@dad.cs.fsu.edu> writes:

> | > Or, pick something else, like your favorit cartoon expletive
> | > #*?&!#@*#!.
> | If (and only if) a new syntax/mechanism have to be defined, could
> | be a good idea to explicitly separate in the syntax itself
> | the standard body from the version from the command/interpreted executed ?
> That is what I had in mind, i.e., to separate the issue of how
> to get the standard POSIX shell from the more general issue of
> how to support various other interpreters (Perl, etc.).  The latter
> interpreters are pretty well outside the scope of POSIX.

Agree; actually i typed "from the version" instead of "and the version";
and what i meant is that the standard syntax should be generic with respect
to  standard body, so POSIX should not be a keyword, but an argument,
and constraint on the version should be included (this make me think
to the feature provided by package systems like rpm  ... ).

Maurizio De Cecco
MandrakeSoft 		http://www.mandrakesoft.com/