Re: #! -- reconsideration?

I've seen good reasons quoted against all proposed solutions, but
the problem remains that to write portable application software
systems using shell scripts a person needs a portable way to
invoke the portable (i.e., POSIX) shell.

I realize there is principled opposition to inventing new
solutions, if agreement cannot be reached on standardizing one of
the existing practices, perhaps a new solution should be
considered.

For example, how about extending the syntax of the first line
to something that is distinct from existing practices, e.g.,

#!posix shell

Or, pick something else, like your favorit cartoon expletive

Only new applications would benefit, but it would not break
existing applications.

--Ted