Re: Shoot me now

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Jim Howarth wrote:

> Such things as a standardized prompt, putting the current path in the path
> for regular users (not root).. I'm sure there would be a few other things.

Standarized prompt? Why on earth would you want to do that? It has nothing
to do with app portability and users can change their prompt anyway
so apps can't depend on this. Standardizing htis is of absoultely no value.

> This would be nice...  BS and Del are  presently something that drives me
> insane...  this is one of those things from dos that I miss..  the ability

Having standard BS/Del behavior would fit into the terminal specification
I think. However, we should keep in mind termios and not specify apps that
won't work via telnet or remote displays.

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |