Unidentified subject!

>Hi all,
>
>Recently, yet another discussion on linux-kernel has indicated that we
>really do need to formalize a Linux Assigned Names And Numbers Authority
>(LANA/LANANA).  I have volunteered to do this, after maintaining the
>Linux device name- and numberspace for the past five years.
>
>I have checked, and the name lanana.org is available (lana.org is taken
>but appears to be a squatter.)  Would anyone be willing to spring for
>the registration fee for this?

Did you check both LANA/LANANA.com already? Hot stuff! ;) Is there no
problem using this name if the dotcom name is like this?

>	-hpa
>
>P.S. <Wish> It would be really nice if some of the new multi-G$ Linux
>companies would buy Linux Online and make the name linux.org available
>to the community, preferrably under Linus' control.  We have a huge and
>painful proliferation of random domains, and it's not a good thing.

linux.net is in a poor state. It is registered, but there is no DNS server
working properly. I used http://www.demon.net/cgi-bin/demon/external/dig and
others to check the domain.

Vincent de Lau (vincent@delau.demon.nl)