Re: /mnt/cdrom or /mnt ?

> If you use /mnt/xyz then there should be a /mnt/mnt for quick mounts as well.
> THis is the original use of /mnt as I understood it.

I think natural evolution occurred, though.  There are plenty of folks
who need more than one mount point.  Cluttering / with those seems a bit
dumb to me.

That said, this seems like something the FHS should clarify, not really
the LSB.  I would like to see it clarified, too.

--Donnie

--
   Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    djb@redhat.com   "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.