Re: Tag line

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Burchard Steinbild wrote:

 >  On 16 Mar 1999, Daniel Quinlan wrote:
 >
 >  > rob@current.nu writes:
 >  >
 >  > >   /etc/cron.hourly
 >  > > ??
 >  >
 >  > Red Hat includes it.  My (somewhat old) Debian 1.3 system has it.
 >
 >  we have it too.
 >
 >  > > Is LSB going to be 100% FHS layout, and/or will they both be
 >  > > adjusted together to make the most sence? (speaking of with, has
 >  > > anyone adressed where the X11 config stuff should be, it's floating
 >  > > around from /etc, to /etc/X11/ to /var/... in diffrent
 >  > > distributions).
 >  >
 >  > LSB will be 100% FHS layout, but not FHS 2.0.
 >  >
 >  > Nobody has really addressed X11 configuration very well.  I'd like to
 >  > discuss it, including Dirk Hondel or someone else from XFree86 in the
                                 ^^^
Dan :-(

 >  > discussion.  It would be nice if FHS, LSB, distributions, and XFree86
 >  > 4.0 matched up on stuff.

Yes, indeed, that would be cute.

 >  I know, that Dirk Hondel is very interested in having a common consense.
                      ^^^
Burchard. I can't believe it...

 >  But he's very busy at the moment, so he might want somebody else
 >  discussing on it...  In our team, werner is responsible for this stuff.
 >  But let Dirk himself comment on this (cc'd).

I am quite busy at the moment,but I'd like you to add David Dawes and
myself to any XFree86 file layout discussion that you lead. Since David is
a FreeBSD person (and only an occasional Linux user) I would apreciate a
thread that is focussed on the X issues :-)

	Dirk (Ho>H<ndel, that is...)