Re: XML-based configurations

IMHO, this would be a Bad Thing(tm). It is far beyond the scope of LSB to
specify *how* an application stores its configuration. It may be
acceptable to specify *where* an application stores its configuration,
though. I.e. daemons with one config file store it in /etc, daemons with
multiple config files store in a subdirectory of /etc, normal applications
store it in a .rc file in the user's home directory, or a .subdirectory
for multiple file stuff. However, even that may be beyond LSB, and I
really think that dealing with config files should be left to the
application vendor.