gopher resources on internet relay chat (IRC)

Hello,

I thought it would be worth a mention here that many channels, including gopher related ones, are having a user exodus from freenode in light of recent events there... Many folks are fleeing to either OFTC or Libera.Chat...

Here are channels of interest to the gopher community and their current server locations:

#gopher on irc.libera.chat:+6697 - general gopher chat
#gophernicus on irc.libera.chat:+6697 - gophernicus server
#gopherproject on irc.libera.chat:+6697 - the gopher project
#gopher on irc.tilde.chat:+6697 - tilde community gopher chat

#gopher on irc.sdf.org:6667 - gopher on the SDF shell service
#devious on irc.libera.chat:+6697 - devio.us offers gopher hosting*
 *it's down at the moment, hopefully it will be back

#lynx on irc.libera.chat:+6697 - a popular browser with gopher support

Servers with a + in front of their port numbers should be used with a TLS-enabled IRC client.

I look forward to seeing fellow gopher folks on IRC after the drama dies down!!!

--
 Zachary Lee Andrews
<zcrayfish@gmail.com>