From: David Griffith <dave@661.org>
Sent: 10 March 2021 04:32
To: gopher-project@other.debian.org
Subject: dealing with lots of lines of text

I'm trying to work out how to present multiple lines of text and avoid the possibility of the client skipping over stuff if it spans more than two pages.  A specific example of this is at
gopher://gopher.661.org:70/1/if-archive/emulators/trs80

This directory contains a list of games contained in a .zip file.  When using the standard Gopher client, the cursor skips from the last "IFDB entry" to the first link right after the list of games:
http://iftechfoundation.org/.  I use a Perl script to automate generation of these gophermap files from Index files.  To see what I'm working with, go to http://ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archive/emulators/trs80/.

How can I tell the client to stop at each of these game names?

Right now the relevant section looks something like this:

hIFDB entry	URL:https://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=dy4ok8sdlut6ddj7
hIFDB entry	URL:https://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=zya3mo3njj58hewi
TRS-80 Adventure Game Pack for MS-DOS,
compiled by Gunther Schmidl. Contains TRSF-80 revision 0.1, a TRS-80 Model I emulator for DOS by Ron Fries, some walkthroughs, and the following games:

iAdventureland	foo	70
iPirate Adventure	foo	70
iMission Impossible	foo	70
iVoodoo Castle	foo	70

I'm pretty sure the 'i' type code is wrong, but I don't know what else would be better.

--
David Griffith
dave@661.org