Re: is this list still active?

On Wed, Aug 04 2021, Paul Lindner wrote:

I'm on it :)  I think activity has moved elsewhere....

Paul's here.  Case closed. :-)

How've you been?

I personally seem to have been... regressing? I mean, it was only 10 years past Gopher's heydey when I started hacking on it, but now I'm doing a bunch of research on early UUCP, which was popular... let's see... 40 years ago. Yes I have been posting in comp.mail.uucp lately (and even getting responses!)

I am also building on NNCP, which is a sort of a modern UUCP, with encrypted onion routing and public-key cryptography. Sort of a UUCP+tor+ssh and it can run over TCP, sneakernet, USB drives, etc. I hope to have Usenet feeds available over it before long, and also (and here comes the on-topic bit!) gopher content from quux.org for asynchronous requesting via NNCP. That one needs a bit more coding yet. http://www.nncpgo.org/

- John