Re: G3C announces: GML, Gopher and XHTML

Paula Ash <paula.ash@gmail.com> writes:

> Also, this means this troll should be best ignored until he
> realizes that he’s crossed way too many lines.

I'm also a long-time lurker who grew up with Gopher.

Unfortunately, ignoring him is sort of how we got here.  Bitreich has
been around for several years, at least four or five.  And I can assure
you there are non-Gopherites who view Gopher as "that old protocol Nazis
use".  Frankly, the only thing that has kept me from unsubscribing from
this list in disgust is that I have fond memories of teenaged-me
browsing Gopher from shell accounts.

--
Chris Brannon
Founder: Blind and Low Vision Unix Users Group (https://blvuug.org/).