Re: G3C announces: GML, Gopher and XHTML

Mailing lists for old, somewhat antiquated technologies: interesting, fun, educational.

Mailing lists for old, very antiquated attitudes: educational, but probably not in the way you intend.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:48 AM Christoph Lohmann <20h@r-36.net> wrote:
Greetings.

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 09:38:53 +0200 Chris Brannon <chris@the-brannons.com> wrote:
> Christoph Lohmann <20h@r-36.net> writes:
>
> >                     <item type="1"
> >                         href="" href="http://bitreich.org/1/bithub" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">bitreich.org/1/bithub"
> >                         icon="::long-dick:skin-tone=3,circumcised=no::">
>
> There's an overwhelmingly high probability that somebody who mentions
> dick size and skin tone in the same breath like this is making a thinly
> veiled allusion to a racial stereotype.  A racial stereotype cloaked in
> a pseudo XML tag is still a racial stereotype.  It is not funny.  I
> would call it puerile, but that would be insulting to children.

Those probabilities do not seem right. We at the G3C work on a standard
to mark racism easily for those inclined to be born in the USA and fond
of finding  racism in  every small  detail. For  this new  standard the
committee has waded through all studies  and not found any evidence for
your reasoning.

Please quote  the appropriate studies, so  the new G3C standard  can be
adapted accordingly. But consider that  G3C standards adapt to the most
progressive cultures, not just progressive-considering cultures.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

Please activate _javascript_ to see the full signature.