Re: Gopher over TLS

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 8:24 AM Emil Engler <me@emilengler.com> wrote:
Glad to see you are still working on this (Sebastiaan)!
Interested in writing an RFC and submit it to the RFC Editor?

gopher://sebdeckers.commons.host/I/trap.jpg

Kidding aside, I'd love to work on a GoT I-D and shoot for an RFC.

Related notes:
- I gave a talk about Gopher over TLS (and HTTPS) recently. Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OphAbBnZSs
- Also experimented with TLS forking based on ALPN & SNI. This "TLS Router" tool should help Gopher servers transparently support GoT. YMMV. https://gitlab.com/commonshost/tls-router
- Trying to get web browser support for `gopher:` scheme links. Need to add it to the WHATWG HTML specification. Some interest was expressed by Mozillians; does anyone have Chromium contacts? https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/5343