Re: Gopher TLS support in curl

Hi!

There is a lot that TLS could make possible; in fact, we could get virtual hosting without having to bake it into the Gopher protocol thanks to SNI, and it makes sense to add this kind of protection to the modern Internet.

My only concern is that running TLS over port 70 will bifurcate Gopherspace. A given host will have to choose to either support the legacy clients or the new ones, and can't do both on the same IP & hostname. Would we still have time to pop it over to some other port, say 770 or 7070 or something, before this gets established?

- John