Re: using of scripts

Greetings.

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 12:08:38 +0100 GP <vrac@gprt.fr> wrote:
> For instance, I'd like my gophermap to be updated each time I add a new
> file in the related folder, but I did'nt find it clearly in the doc.

Please consider one thing which has  gone bad on the web: Static before
dynamic.

If adding a file is done only seldom, please try to generate the gopher
menu only once. Then you save  on any dynamic bugs and remote execution
holes which made the web the ghetto it is now.

Many gopher daemons support this. I am the author of geomyidae

	gopher://bitreich.org/1/scm/geomyidae
	git://bitreich.org/geomyidae

There you create an index.cgi or  index.dcgi file in some directory and
it will be executed, when some  client accesses that directory. You can
then generate  some menu. Geomyidae  supports dir listings  too. Please
see the  manpage for examples on  how to write such  scripts. There are
also some in the distribution.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

Please activate Javascript to see the full signature.