[ANN] GemiNaut ❤️ Gopher - a new release of GemiNaut 0.8.6

Hi everyone

I hope this is the most sensible place to make gopher client announcements - please let me know if I should be posting elsewhere as well or instead.

I'm pleased to announce a new release of GemiNaut 0.8.6, a particularly user friendly Gemini client for Windows (licensed as GPL3). Now supporting Gopher! I am aware this is a Debian list, but I can't seem to find a better place to announce it.

For various reasons including a paucity of clients, there have perhaps not been so many Windows users exploring the gopher holes for many years. I've been discovering gopher space for myself in testing GemiNaut and whilst it is a slower medium than Gemini, there is quite a lot of thoughtful writing to discover. Needless to say gopher pages look really nice in GemiNaut which smooths over the visual gaps providing a common experience of gemini, gopher maps and text files.

I'd like to put out a word of appreciation to the prologic folks for the go-gopher library, the latest version of which has formed the basis of the content retrieval functionality.

Release notes on my gemini site

gemini://gemini.marmaladefoo.com/blog/7-Jul-2020_GemiNaut_v0_8_6_release.gmi

You can download binaries and source via the GemiNaut web page

  https://www.marmaladefoo.com/pages/geminaut

Feedback and improvement suggestions are welcomed. Is there any where else I should be announcing this to Gopher lovers or would-be users?

Best Wishes

 - Luke