Re: Gopher over TLS

I think we should use a new port for the following reason:
Some (mostly custom) servers which display just one static page mostly ignore the client hello completely or what is if the TLS handsahke in the client hello should give a page and not do a TLS handshake? Unlikely but not impossible. If we start over from a new port there won't be any problems with old servers. I think this protocol should be introduced as a new one which lays on top of the gopher protocol rather than changing the gopher protocol directly.

Cheers,
Emil