Re: Gopher over TLS

Hi everybody,
I subscribed to this list few days ago. I checked in the mailing list
archives if you already talked about the topic I am about to introduce
(gopher and TOR), but I did not find anything. If you already talked
about it, could you please point me in that direction?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 12:18:53PM +0100, Emil Engler wrote:
> Hi, I thought about writing a standard for a secure Gopher protocol (short
> gophers).
> Have there been any proposals for this yet and what's the general consensus
> about this on this ML

What are the downsides of gopher+TOR for everyday navigation? If I am
not mistaken, TOR has TLS plus a lot of privacy and (almost) anonymity
stuff you surely know about. Personally, I think that using the `lynx`
browser over tor is (relatively) easy and (as far as I understand) is
better than simple TLS.

Best,
Fadi