Fwd: Download a whole gopherhole using wget/curl?

Copying the list because I didn’t catch my e-mail client not including the list.  Al Roker’s antics are distracting this morning...

73s de KC8BFI

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stephen Kellat <smkellat@icloud.com>
Date: November 28, 2019 at 9:40:05 AM EST
To: kiwidevelops <kiwidev@kiwidev.xyz>
Subject: Re:  Download a whole gopherhole using wget/curl?

There is a professional team of paranoids mostly employed by the Internet Archive who worry about such things.  They’re called the Archive Team.  Their consideration of the question can be found here: https://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Gopher

In the interim treat it as a matter of mutual respect between fellow server operators.  I expose port 70 on a Digital Ocean droplet but truly don’t advertise it.  If I got pounded repeatedly on bandwidth I’d certainly purge pygopherd without batting an eyelash.  The server is there to support my business since I’m no longer a working civil servant getting a paycheck.

Don’t worry about any of the list participants disappearing.  We’re trying to keep this alive.  If and when an archival snapshot is deemed wise we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

For now I need to go back to fixing more than a few varied bits...

Stephen Michael Kellat