Re: What's the status of Mostognir?

On 8/21/19 8:53 AM, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:> Perhaps I should direct
this question directly to Mateusz Viste?

> But I'm putting it out here on the list for GP (general purposes) anyway
> .
>
> Has there been any updates on this daemon since 20160510?
The latest version on sourceforge is dated 2019-07-07.

> Can anyone who is running it as a server offer their observations as
> an operator? I know we've evolved a bit here with discussions of TLS
> and other resources in the past three years, and aside from the two
> most active projects I see (Gophernicus and Geomidae, with Bucktooth
> prominently deserving of mention), I want to include as much viable
> and stable software as I can in my upcoming article - even John's
> somewhat unmaintained PyGopherD
I run motsognir on gopher.black and on tilde.black. The later does
offer a TLS option. These days I've focused  more on running a second
gopherd on tor rather than specifically TLS as it's easier to set up and
use.

-tomasino