Badly behaving bots.

As I type this message, a bot from the 116.203.99.0/24 netblock is scraping my entire server... That alone I don't have a problem with, however, it's a bit nuts that this bot is literally sending 10 requests/connections in one go... If the WWW folks don't like it (their RFC2616 section 8 says clients shouldn't be using more than 2 connections per server, and modern browsers generally cap out at 6), I don't see why we should be doing it either.

Whoever runs this bot, please configure it to send between 1-6 connections in one go, and not 10-34. (the high number is not a joke)

Zachary L. Andrews (zcrayfish@gmail.com)
gopher://gopher.zcrayfish.soy