Re: Bucktooth server problem downloading files

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 01:18:48PM +0100, Gaël Elegoët wrote:
> Hi,
> I’ve installed a Bucktooth Gopher server (http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?gopher://gopher.floodgap.com:70/1/buck) on a Rpi 3 running Raspbian. This to serve a few gopher pages accessibles from my old macs via macLynx, and because… it’s fun.
> Now, it works fine, I can browse the pages, and i’ve setup a download page for grabbing icons, wallpapers and stuff. Problem is each time I try downloading an item, I only get a 4Ko file. Whatever it is a .sit or .hqx, I get the file with the correct name like "icons.sit", but it’s an incomplete 4Ko file. Even though the permissions of the folder in which the files are, makes it accessible and viewable to anyone.
> Now I remember reading somewhere on the Floodgap site , there could be a problem with downloading files from a Bucktooth gopher server, due to a limitation or something…
> but I can’t for the life of me find again where and what was that limitation mentioned:/
> Does anyone know a fix for that download problem ?
>

> Gaël Elégoët
> galgot@free.fr
> galgot.com

Hi,

I tested your server. From floodgap the file stops at exactly 16KB here.  Using
the sacc gopher client directly to your server it works fine.  It seems like
some kind of buffering issue.

Using floodgap to download a tarball from an other server seems to work fine.

Have you tried geomyidae as a gopher server?

Geomyidae: gopher://bitreich.org/1/scm/geomyidae
sacc: gopher://bitreich.org/1/scm/sacc

--
Kind regards,
Hiltjo