Re: Greetings and projects

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 05:26:11PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 02 2018, katolaz@freaknet.org wrote:
>
> > Now, having a peculiar fixation with graphs and networks, I have been
> > slowly crawling the gopherspace (only type 1 selectors) to produce a
>
> This might be a good time to remind people (and inform the newer
> members) that in 2007, I made a complete archive of every Gopher site I
> could find.  It was all documents and files, coming to 15TB compressed.
> archive.org hosts this and links are at
> https://changelog.complete.org/archives/1466-download-a-piece-of-internet-history

Hi John,

thanks for your note. I actually remember I had downloaded the archive
you compiled, and I guess it must be in one of my old backup
disks. I'll look back for it :)

> It might be interesting to compare the changes over time.  It might also
> be helpful to seed a crawler, in case some sites of since become
> disconnected from the main graph.

It would be, indeed. As I said, my plan is to publish all the data and
all the procedures used to analyse the graph.

Will keep you posted.

KatolaZ