Re: TLS in Gopher

Hi,

On 28/02/18 05:48, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> I  propose  that we should introduce »gophers://« schema which tells the
> client to use »secure mode« for  digging  through  gopherspace.

Gopher menus do not use URLs so it's impossible to link to such a
resource. It also creates a division between "secure" and "insecure"
gopherspace where resources are not the same as they have different URLs.

This is, specifically, the thing that I would least like to see in the
implementation of TLS for Gopher. Please stop looking at things that
already exist that have known problems and instead think about solving
those problems. These problems would be a lot more problematic in Gopher
due to the lack of use of actual URLs.

Thanks,
Iain.