gopher+ compatibilty for gopherproject.org

Greetings comrades,

while searching for some misbehaviour of gopher(1)[0] I found that it is
by default requesting

	gopher://gopherproject.org/1/Software/Gopher

but using the gopher+ request of requesting the gopher+ metadata. Due to
a design issue it does not think of falling  back  to  classical  gopher
mode.  I have now added a simple compatibility layer to geomyidae, which
is now running to serve gopherproject.org. It will return one item  with
a classical gopher menu item. This is a bug in the implementation of go‐
pher+ in gopher(1) I am using to have all people doing

	apt-get install gopher

on some debian‐based distribution reach the right place in gopherspace.

This  taught  me  to never use gopher+ again. The extension to gopher is
misdesigned and represents what the web makes us dislike it: Bloat, fea‐
ture  creep and pushing features into a simple protocol it was never de‐
signed for.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

[0] https://packages.debian.org/stable/gopher