OverbiteNX

Mozilla doesn't seem too interested in creating a TCP socket extension for
WebExtensions and the job right now is too large for me to do personally.

However, WebExtensions on both Firefox and Chrome does provide for a native
messaging connection to an existing client. This would require installing
an executable (probably a Perl script, at least on macOS and Linux/*BSD),
but would also mean I could get around the entire problem. On macOS there
would be an installer and/or an installer script, and a script would also
be provided for Linux. Windows would need a solution to be worked up later.

Before I embark on this, do people object to this method? The script would
be open-sourced so you can install it yourself and examine the code rather
than simply trusting an installer.

-- A pedestal is as much a prison as any small, confined space. -- G. Steinem -