Re: Project Gutenberg Gopher

On January 16, 2018 6:27:54 PM MST, Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com> wrote:
>> It doesn't render correctly in Overbite Android. Only the http urls
>show
>> up. The documents (most popular, recent, random) don't appear to
>include
>> any content.
>
>You actually have several problems. Let's take this block as an
>example.
>
>Books Sorted By Downloads.
>Note: If the txt link presents a 404, try the All Formats Download
>Link.
>
>Title: A Christmas Carol in Prose; Being a Ghost Story of Christmas
>Author: Charles Dickens
>Downloads: 32491 downloads
>hText Download
>Link	URL:http://gutenberg.pglaf.org/4/46/46.txt	dante.pglaf.org	70
>hAll Formats Download Link
>URL:http://gutenberg.pglaf.org/4/46	dante.pglaf.org	70
>
>The text lines do not have i itemtypes, or anything else. They should
>be
>
>iBooks Sorted By Downloads.<TAB><TAB>dont.care.doesnt.matter<TAB>70
>
>The links are also incorrect. You have
>
>hText Download Link<TAB>URL:....<TAB>dante.pglaf.org<TAB>70
>
>It should be two tabs, e.g.,
>
>hText Download Link<TAB><TAB>URL:....<TAB>dante.pglaf.org<TAB>70
>
>That should display properly then.

I have figured out why -- cgi-bin served from gophernicus doesn't prepend i to the beginning of a text line. However gophernicus will in fact execute a 0755 gophermap with a shenbang.

I am rewriting in bash (I  said sh  in another thread but i need noninteractive bash goodness).

On a side note, please educate me on the double tab... I probably have issues elsewhere as I am completely ignorant of a need for 2 tabs.

--
Nathaniel Leveck
gopher://gopher.leveck.us