Re: Last version of the UMN gopherd?

On Sun, Jul 29 2018, Mike Gran wrote:

> Responding to myself...
>
> Actually, I did find mention of a security vulnerability in U of M
> gopherd-3.0.5, however I haven't been able to find the source code
> for that revision.

For the benefit of anyone that didn't see my reply in another branch of
the thread, that version is indeed the last version of the UMN gopher
distribution that included gopherd, which was indeed removed for
security concerns.

Historic versions of UMN gopher/gopherd can be found at

http://gopher.quux.org:70/devel/gopher/Downloads/old

I also have a mirror of the old boombox.micro.umn.edu site at

http://gopher.quux.org:70/Archives/mirrors/boombox.micro.umn.edu/pub/gopher

Hope this helps,

-- John