Re: Hey-Hoy!

On 28 Jan 2018, at 2:46, David Griffith <dave@661.org> wrote:

> Are you serious that the Finnish authorities took down gophernicus.org because they thought it was part of a drug ring?  This needs to be publicised.  Got any more information?

Yes, and no. They took down <gary oldman voice in Leon, the professional>EEEEVERRRYYYTHIIIING!</gary> which of course included gophernicus.org, my own email domain, all of the backups and every last copy of all software I have ever created in my life.

So, the Customs (not the Police) messed up marjorly by taking down an anonymous freedom-of-speech imageboard that I ran on tor network. They messed up because they thought I was really the biggest drug lord here AND they through I'd be like the normal person who tries to hide and not talk about any accusations they get from the government.

Well.

Not only did I go out in public with name and face I'm also publishing *everything* I can - all court papers, everything that gets talked - everything. And like that wasn't enough I'm also running for parlament in the next elections which are in April 2019 :D. So while normally the police/customs don't themselves exactly care about the law and just shortcut and go around a bit too much - this time they *really* have explain everything, in public. And yes, I know it's a long shot to get to parlament but I just love the irony of it so much I'm giving it an honest try.

Also, I'm quite certain the court will accidentally declare anonymous web browsing (TorBrowser) illegal in Finland :D :D :D - and once they do I'm going to make sure that story will run all over the world. I really didn't break any laws (I was just dancing on the border and giving them finger for years) but the government cannot let me go free for the fear of losing their face so it's likely I'll get some kind of a sentence (currently I'm waiting for my day in court, free to do whatever I want meanwhile). Maximum sentence is about 10 years but I'd get a couple of years off so theoretical max is 8 years, but I'd only sit half of that for being a first-timer. No big deal - I'll just make sure everyone knows I'm a political prisoner imprisoned for defending freedom of speech :D

I really cannot lose here, and the goverment cannot win. Well, I did lost my apartment, job and about 10k€ but so far it's been worth the laughs :D

> Anyhow, the latest I have is a repo in which the last commit was by you on February 6, 2017.  I put it up at https://github.com/DavidGriffith/gophernicus

That's too old I think, I'm quite certain I coded something last summer (June/July '17).

---

There's something wrong with this list - Reply doesn't work because the Reply-To: MIME header is either missing or wrong (didn't check). Replies go to users, not to the list - and you need to Reply All for messages to reach the list too.

- Kim