[gopher] ANNOUNCE: New Web Portal for USENET

For MacOS, Unison is a good Usenet client (not by the standards of SLRN, Pan, etc but it will get you online and has some innovations of its own and is fast/pretty).  I too am in the market for a Chromebook solution - currently have to shell out to a VPS I run.  Hopefully the new chromebooks that run Android apps will solve the problem, as there are several so-so Usenet readers for Android (Phonews, NNTPReader, Groundhog).

------ Original Message ------
From: "mel" <macpro.maillist@gmail.com>
To: "Gopher Project Discussion" <gopher-project@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Sent: 10/24/2017 2:50:32 PM
Subject: Re: [gopher] ANNOUNCE: New Web Portal for USENET

Looks cool and works for people like me who like a simple user interface without all the clutter of Google or regular websites. Plus I know of no usenet newsreaders for both MacOS or Chromebook, platforms that I commonly use. Plus I think this will work on my Android phone and my aging Nintendo DSi which I use for text browsing websites like Floodgap Gopher and SDF Gopher, etc.