Re: [gopher] Gopher Community Infrastructure...

On 8/9/2017 12:47 AM, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
Greetings.

Thank you for keeping up the good points.

The TL;DR for the others, of Bradley's posting is:
* Democracy leaves people with a different opinion out, so we need consensus
   by talking about the issues.
* The moderation bit on the mailinglist is the problem.
* We should simply ask alioth to remove the bit and set more than one person
   as an admin, so we have a »crew« of people who could respond to problems.
* Moving to another provider provokes too many questions.
* Consistency is a key, so breaking up to somewhere else breaks legacy and
   archives. (More work.)
* A suggestion to have a domain for a project under which the mailinglist or
   the gopher efforts can be seen. (See my comments below.)

Thanks for the bulleted points Christoph, and aplogies to @James :) I am a bit loquacious at times.

I'm fine with everything that has followed so far, and yes, gopher-project.org, aside from being a bit spartan, could serve as a fine face linking the various resources, etc.

--
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services

---