Re: [gopher] ML moderator election

On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 07:20:59 +0300, Kim Holviala wrote:
> I don't mind usenet at all - after all that would be a nice complement
> to gopher. But unfortunately I don't think there's any way to access
> usenet without paying for an account - and don't tell me to use Google.

Jeff from SimpleMachines provided already two very good references, which
I paste below:

http://news.aioe.org/ - no registration required
http://www.eternal-september.org/ - registration required

There are certainly more. Also, many ISPs still provide perfectly fine
NNTP accounts (although they don't communicate it much about this any
more).

Mateusz