Re: [gopher] Future of this mailing list

I respect your opinion, however:

I disagree that casual gopher users exist. One has to go out of their way to use gopher. Installing software and setting aside time. I think you are underestimating the types of people on this list.

ISPs are not a factor. SSH and slrn work great on my phone, ipad, and laptop.

Appealing to the fact that it is "current year" is a fallacy (especially on a gopher related list).

In the end, do whatever you want, I suppose I will subscribe to whatever this list becomes.

To the list denizens who are fighting for NNTP:

How about some traffic, huh? No one replies to posts. I hear crickets as I pass comp.infosystems.gopher. I have been wanting some more information on the bitreich git to gopher interface and have been presented with silence. I have been wanting to have some discussion about hoe one may setup gopher over tor running as an onion service on the same box running clear gopher on 70, but there's no one to talk to. Just saying... some of us already set up for this based upon the chatter.

--
Leveck

18. Oct 2017 12:07 by ciprian.craciun@gmail.com: