Re: [gopher] New stand-alone Gopher client (fwd)

I came across both of these (as a fellow Pythonista myself!) and both work fairly well (at least on my recent Macbook).

Good to see alternative clients springing up!

cheers
James

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com> wrote:
Forwarded for folks' interest.

----- Forwarded message from Felix -----

>From felix@plesoianu.ro  Sun Aug 21 11:31:40 2016

Hi there!

Apologies for the prolonged silence. Waning interest in Pocket Gopher
coincided with a bad time in my life, so I dropped the ball for a few
years. Now I'm back, not least thanks to that recent article on
www.minnpost.com, but as feature phones have fallen by the wayside,
there's little point in continuing with my old client. So I decided to
make a new one.

Gophersnake is written in Python and Tkinter, so it's inherently
portable (should run out of the box on most Linux and Mac boxes). It's
also stand-alone, modern-looking, and like its predecessor offers the
user a decent set of starting points. All this should make Gopher more
visible to newcomers than a browser plugin. It's still at a very early
stage, but I'll keep poking at it. And just in case anyone shows more
than a passing interest, I put it on GitHub for now:
https://github.com/felixplesoianu/gophersnake -- its nature also makes
it easier to hack and maintain. So, hope this helps.

Best regards,
Felix

P.S. There's another similar client out there:
https://github.com/avysk/suck-o-rama

----- End of forwarded message from Felix -----

-- Commodore on desk/Power light glowing brightly/The computer waits -- T. Lake