Re: [gopher] Gopherplus.org purchased

Hm, I didn't get the thread starting post, so I'm replying to this one:

> As it had been said on this list, gopher users are going to be in
> competition with Go, a new programming language. Go programmers already
> use the gopher mascot and the word  "gopher"! Soon the word "gopher" will rely
> only to Go and not anymore to our favourite Internet protocol.
>
> It is a fact that we, users of Gopher protocol, are not yet organized as
> the World Wide Web consortium (W3C) is. So I take the initiative to preserve
> our interests by launching an Internet site devoted to the promotion of Gopher
> protocol in the same way than W3C does.

We had a similar discussion recently [1] ;)

> As some of you had maybe did it, I searched a vacant domain name relying
> to the word "gopher". I didn't found nothing available. And truly, it is
> difficult to preserve the property of a word referring to an animal (or
> something that belong to an well known major actor of Internet).
> Extending my search around the word "gopher+" I found a web site (gopherplus.com)
> that sell a soft/diet drink named Gopher+!
>
> Fortunately, the domain gopherplus.org  didn't exist.  I purchased
> it and set immediately a web page to make this new domain visible.

Why not use the existing gopherproject.org domain? Kaiser already stated that he is
willing to offer it for a project "home". Since you already purchased that domain both
could point to the project's home.

Regards,
kaltheat

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.gopher.general/5010