Re: [gopher] Running gopher on a Raspberry Pi

My gopher server has been running for a couple years now, and I have another 7 Pi's doing various server jobs. I've found that an original Model B and a 16Gb SDHC card is adequate. As regards all the doubts expressed over the Pi and SDHC cards, I can safely say that using a good, branded card and a *decent power supply* is the key to a long-lived card: I always Sandisk cards, both in my computing and photography. I'd always recommend Anker power supplies for stability. Seriously, if you trust your computing to cheap cards you can expect problems. The only other thing I would say is that I trust full-size SDHC cards more than I do micro-SDHC, but there again, if you buy quality products you'll usually be okay.