[gopher] gopher charset

Hi list,

I am using utf-8 for most of my content since years, and I always have this trouble that in gopherspace, utf-8 stuff appears all scrambled, until I manually switch my browser to the proper encoding.

Just wondering - maybe would it be a nice extension to add a server-wide charset preference to CAPS ? Of course it's not solving the problem of "I have some files in unicode, other in KOI, and some in Mazovia", but at least it could provide a clear default setting for server owners.

Let's say, something like this:

ServerDefaultCharset=UTF-8

What do you think?

cheers,